Monday, June 7, 2010

A Place to Call Home

After hours (yeah, I'll admit it...hours) of searching every website I could find, we found a house in Virginia that sounded promising. It had everything we wanted in a house, was in a good neighborhood, and in our price range. So, I booked a ticket to fly out there to look at it.


I left home at 1:30 last Wednesday morning to catch a 5:15 flight out of Dallas. I made it to RDU around 10:30 and mom and dad picked me up, and up to Hampton we headed. I have to say, it's been 7+ years since I've had mom and dad to myself, and it was kinda nice. :) It was also nice to have them around to check out the house with me. Dad talked to the neighbors and made sure they were all right.


So....we have a house!! Just renting, but still, we have one!! It's 4 bedrooms, 1900 sq ft, big fenced in backyard. Plenty of room for my parents and any other out of town guests that I know will be coming to visit. :) Oddly enough, I didn't take ANY pictures while I was there. Only on my phone, and I'm too tired to try to figure out how to get those on the computer. This is the front of the house, though. We are super excited. A little nervous, as we've never lived off base before, but happy that we don't have to live on base there.



We drove around a little and saw Emily's school, and went on base for a while. It's so beautiful there. Oh, did I mention that there is a private beach for the subdivision about 5 minutes from our house? All I can say is YAY! We are super excited for what the Lord has in store for us, and SO thankful that He opened the doors and supplied this house. It was a super quick trip. I was back to RDU at 6:30 the next morning to fly home. Brian could only get one day off work, so I had to work my time around that. I was very tired, but the Lord kept me safe and gave me good friends to talk to on my way home to keep me awake. :)


We are currently trying to get this house ready to move out. We have to have everything back the way it was when we moved in, so that means taking out all the carpets. Thankfully, we started early, because we discovered today it's going to be a hard job!

I guess that's about it. We have a busy 5 weeks ahead of us. Pray that God will give us the strength to get through it all and the grace to get through it with joyful hearts.

2 comments:

Kacey Bode said...

That is SO great, especially the private beach part! I bet you can NOT wait!!!

Kristen said...

The new house looks spacious and homey! And the beach...oh-la-la, that's fun!! I feel excited for you.

Be encouraged knowing that you have a prayer warrior (ME!) that understands full well the kind of strength and sanity it takes to move. (Mike and I moved 7 times within the first 5 years of our marriage). I will be praying for you.

Blessings!