Friday, December 24, 2010

Emily Turns 8

It's snowing outside and I have nothing to do but sit around on the couch and relax....well, that's all I'm gonna do anyway. I thought I would take some time to share Emily's birthday celebration with you.


I can not believe I have an eight year old. It makes me feel sooooo old!!!! Emily suffered all birthday week with various illnesses.



We made 1 Dr office visit and 4 ER visits in 7 days. She had horrible ear pain that they didn't finally diagnose as an ear infection till the last ER visit. One ER visit was because the medicine they gave her made her swell horribly. I didn't take a picture, but it was kinda like the movie Hitch....remember, where he ate the shellfish and looked like this?




Well, she resembled that....except she's an 8 year old girl and not a 30 year old man....anyway. She missed several days of school, but really wanted to go on her actual birthday so she could share it with her classmates. I made cupcakes and Brian and I were able to have lunch with her at school. She was very excited about the birthday crown that she got to wear.


Emily's class singing Happy Birthday to her.



Brian and Emily handing out cupcakes to her classmates.

Mom and dad came up to help us celebrate. As is our tradition, we made plans to take Emily out to dinner where ever she wanted to go (well, within reason...Chuck E Cheese and McDonalds are not considered options). She picked Olive Garden and we were very excited. Then, about 5 minutes before we walked out the door, she said, "I don't really feel like going out." So, we stayed home and had a wonderful spaghetti supper and cake and ice cream. After running around all day, we were all thankful to stay home.


All the presents and balloons Papa got her.


Still gets so excited about drawing paper.


She asked Savannah to help her blow out the candles.


Of course, Savannah gets presents, too. :)

No comments: