Monday, April 12, 2010

Prayers for Savannah

It's been a while since I've felt the need to come on here and ask for prayers for Savannah's skin. She's been doing so well. Until recently.....

I'm not sure if it was the change in weather, and the fact that she's been playing outside more, or what, but her skin is really bad.

Her eczema got worse, so I started trying different things to help her. In the course of that, I'm afraid I got her in worse trouble. I switched to a "more natural" laundry detergent, and learned that natural doesn't always mean better. I took her to the doctor today, and she put her on steroids and an antibiotic. She has several places on her skin that are open and infected. Pray that these clear up. If they get worse, we could be looking at a hospital stay for IV antibiotics.

I brought her home and gave her her first dose of steroids, and within 4 hours, the redness has already gone down. I praise the Lord for this! Neither she nor I have slept consistently in about 2 weeks, so I'm praying for a reprieve.
Thank you to all of you that love us and will remember a prayer for us.
This was her back this morning. Her tummy looked the same.

This is her tummy now. I realize that it looks like there is lighting differences for "dramatic effect", but I promise, it's not the case. It's just the way the pictures took.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Josh and I will definitely be praying for both of you!

Kacey Bode said...

Poor baby and poor mommy!! I will be praying for you both, hope she is even better today!!

Love you guys!

Kristen said...

Sweet little girl, it looks just miserable! I pray for answers for you. I have battled greatly with my own skin concerns and I understand how frustrating and long-enduring it can be sometimes. I pray for a quick recovery for her.