Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here I Am!

It's been a while since I've updated, and this won't be long, but I wanted to give a brief synopsis of what we've been doing.
We're in Virginia! I'm sitting here in our new den...er...I mean "Man Room" and enjoying my coffee. So far, we love it here. Our landlord is great, our neighbors are wonderful (we've been given garden tomatoes by one, and brownies by another), and we really like the area. It will take a little getting used to. in Wichita Falls, Wal-Mart was 5 minutes away, and there was NO traffic. Not so much here.
The girls are adjusting well. We spent about 2 weeks with my parents on the way here, and they are loving being so close to them. It's nice that when we leave them being able to say, "See you in a couple weeks" instead of "several months". Emily starts school on the 23rd, and she's super excited. Savannah's skin is amazing here!!! I don't know if it's the salt water from the beach, or the environment or what, but I praise the Lord for His mercy.
Here are a couple of pictures from the last week or so. I'll get pictures of the house up once it's unpacked. It's getting there, but there is still too much mess to be posting pictures on the internet.


The girls' favorite babysitter got Emily all into these crazy bracelet things. Thanks, NAT! ha




Our first family photo on the beach. It's about 5 minutes from the house.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I meant to post something here sooner :) I'm glad your move has been a positive one. I pray your adjustment goes smoothly for the whole family