Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School

Monday, August 23rd, was Emily's first day of 2nd grade. SECOND GRADE?!?! I can't believe I have a second grader. I'm so young!! (no comments from the peanut gallery) We decided to place Emily in a Christian school (not private school...there's a big difference) this year instead of homeschooling her. I loved homeschooling...loved the flexibility of it, loved having her with me all day. Emily? Not so much. She is a social butterfly and was beginning to hate school, and let me tell you, the 1st grade is too young to hate school. That shouldn't come till at least 7th grade. Anyway, I digress.

We shopped for school supplies (something you don't really get to do when you're homeschooled...if you need a pencil, you grab one from where you can find it), shopped for school clothes, and asked about lunches and all that cool stuff. She was beyond excited!! And, sure enough, Monday morning, she woke me up way too early and said, "It's my first day of school!!" Every day, she's gotten in the car after and told me how wonderful it is, and how her teacher is the BEST teacher ever!!! I try not to remember I was her teacher last year. :)

She is attending Bethel Christian School in Hampton, VA, and while the 16 minute drive every morning and afternoon is a bit annoying, it's not terrible. Vannah and I have enjoyed shopping, making bread for the neighbors and still trying to get this house unpacked. All we have left is the pictures to hang. I'll get pictures of that up soon! Enjoy some pictures!


They had a meet and greet on the Friday before school started. We saw her classroom and met her teacher. I got a picture then, because on the 1st day of school, parents couldn't go to the classrooms. There is a car line and we just drop them off and pick them up. Really nice that I don't have to unload Vannah every time.


She was having a hard time holding up her bookbag. :) It had the whole year's school supplies in it and it was heavy!!


SO excited!!!

No comments: