Friday, January 7, 2011

snow...then Snow...then SNOW

We live 5 minutes from the beach....not the ocean...it's the bay, but we don't care. It's sand salt water, so it qualifies as the beach. See? Here is Savannah enjoying it....this is what it looks like.

I can't wait to get back to the beach as soon as it gets warmer. .....sigh.....oh..anyway.
Since we've been here, we have had 3 different snows. It's just weird to me that we live 5 minutes from the beach and still get snow!!
The first snow was nice....it didn't cancel school, and was gone before too much time elapsed.
This is what it looked like:

The second snow was much more fun. The girls got to play in it...throwing snowballs at daddy and enjoy it. Em was out on break from school, and Brian got to leave work early....although it took him an hour and a half to go 3 miles. They released the entire base at once. A LOT of people itty bitty base.






The third snow....WOW...it was great!!!!!! It started Christmas night, and didn't stop till late Sunday night. It was SO fun, and SO beautiful. We were glad my parents were here to be home bound with us. Emily was out of school and Brian didn't have to work, so we all just sat here and enjoyed it. Savannah was sick, so she didn't get to play. Emily tried, but it was too cold.


Dad measured it at one point and it was 10 inches...our final official amount was 13 inches. Definitely the most snow I've ever experienced.




Of course we had to have snow cream.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

WOW! I can't even tell you how jealous I am! I think snow intentionally avoids me, so I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature, haha! :) So glad you're loving VA and that your parents get to have these fun experiences with y'all!

Lisa said...

Somehow I missed this post!? I love all the pictures. I'm glad everybody was able to enjoy the snow while it was there. My parents had snow when I was home for Christmas, but I was glad to get back to Vegas and get away from the cold. Not.my.thing :)