Friday, October 15, 2010

Sweet Innocence

Brian had last Tuesday off. He offered to go pick up Emily from school! She loves getting to ride in his truck! When she got home, this was what she announced with a big smile on her face, "Mommy, Gabrielle said my daddy is hot!" I didn't know what to say. Melanie (who is visiting this week) and I just looked at each other over Emily's shoulder and silently laughed. Later, as we sat at the dinner table, I asked her, "Emily, what did Gabby mean by 'Your daddy is hot'?" This was her response:

"Well, see, he picked me up in his truck. And since the truck is red, it probably reminded her of fire, and fire is hot!"

Yes, baby girl, that's probably what she meant.

2 comments:

Kacey Bode said...

That is hysterical. Innocence is sweet! Um.....a 2nd grader thinks a grown man is hot? Wow! I like the red truck explanation far better : )

Lisa said...

Too cute