Friday, September 10, 2010

Is It Possible?

Is it really possible that my baby...my baby has turned 4 years old? I called her Dr this week to make her "4th year old well baby appointment" and the lady corrected me: "Her well child appointment?" Ouch! I look at pictures of Emily when she was 4...the things she was doing, how we treated her. And I think, "Savannah could never do all that." It doesn't take me long to remind myself that she probably could, I just don't allow it. I'll be the first to admit that I'm hanging on to my baby as long as possible.
Savannah, you make us smile. We love you, baby girl.

We enjoyed celebrating her birthday with our friends, the Bethels (minus Matthew who is deployed ) and Meme and Papa. Very low key, and very enjoyable.

We started the day at IHOP!

Then she got to open her presents from Oma. Oh, evidently, it's the new rule that even siblings get presents for birthdays. So, Emily got some, too. Van got Nala and Tramp, and Emily got Lady and Bambi.

Emily enjoying the new deck at Meme and Papa's house.

This years theme was "The Little Einsteins"

My first "non Sarah" cake. Please don't go to this post and compare it to last years cake created by Sarah. Missed you this year.


Mmm. Pizza and "Silly Bread"


He is quite possibly the cutest boy this side of the Mississippi.

"It's Pillow...It's a Pet! It's a Pillow Pet!" Probably the most loved present this year.


This one ran a close second. A tutu! Those that know her well will be able to tell by her eyes in this picture how much she liked it. You just have to look closely.


Yay! She doesn't have to sit on the floor in the playroom anymore.


She loved her birthday button from Mason and Bradey. She wore it all day!


Papa's girl.

Matthew was there in spirit. :)

No comments: